Following are the answers to the Digger Derrick Operator Written Exam sample test questions:
- The reason for using blocking under the digger derrick’s outrigger pads is to:
- Decrease the applied ground pressure
- Which function could cause the shackle/hook to contact the boom tip?
- Extending the boom
- It is always the operator’s responsibility to:
- Know the load weight before lifting
- According to ANSI A10.31 who is permitted to operate a digger derrick?
- Trained and authorized personnel
- Where shall the digger derrick operator’s manual be located?
- On the digger derrick vehicle
- Using configuration listed below, what is the farthest radius a 3,125 lb. load can be set over the rear of the digger derrick (see load charts)?
|Second Section: ??
|Boom Angle: N/A
|Third Section: ??
|Rigging: 75 lb.
|Load Line: 1-part
|Jib Length: N/A
- 27.5 ft.