Following are the answers to the Articulating Crane Operator Written Exam sample test questions:
- The numbers shown on the crane’s load chart are:
- Gross capacity
- If no load chart is available for the type of lift to be performed, you should:
- Not perform the lift at all
- Whenever the stabilizers are not visible to the operator during extending or setting, the operator must:
- Be assisted by another person
- What do the letters "OLP" stand for as they relate to articulated cranes?
- Overload protection
- When is it acceptable to load an articulating crane beyond the rated load?
- Only while operating for load test purposes
- What is the net capacity at a radius of 41 ft. when lifting directly over the front of the truck, given the load charts and crane configuration below?
- 1,070 lb.