Employment opportunities exist for dedicated professionals interested in furthering the mission of the nation’s leading nonprofit crane and rigging personnel certification organization, NCCCO. If you have a passion for safety and seek a rewarding career in supporting the effort to reduce injuries and fatalities through accredited CCO certification, we’d like to hear from you.
Job Posting: CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) is a non-profit organization developing effective performance standards for safe crane operations to assist all segments of general industry and construction. As the industry leader, our scope of national certification programs has expanded and NCCCO has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing timely, complete, and accurate responses to the high volume of employer and candidate inquiries about NCCCO’s national certification programs via telephone and email. You will work with the Customer Service team to support the needs of the thousands of candidates that become certified every year. If you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service, have a keen attention to detail, and want to help support an organization dedicated to ensuring safety to the construction industry, this is a great opportunity for you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve customer inquiries through phone and email through comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s certification programs, and its policies and procedures.
- Keep records of customer interactions, including details of inquiries and actions taken to resolve.
- Utilize candidate database to review candidate records and provide relevant information to customer requests.
- Work effectively and independently within the team to resolve inquiries.
- Gain understanding of organizational structure and know where and when to refer inquiries outside of general customer service needs.
- Provide assistance to Manager, Customer Service.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum two (2) years of customer service experience
- Certification program/association organizational experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing professional-level emails
- Great attention to detail
- Superb follow-up skills and ability to accurately and quickly proof work product.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, Excel)
- English language proficiency required, Spanish language proficiency is a plus
Reports to: Manager, Customer Service
Salary: Full-time position, dependent on experience
Required: Include with your résumé a cover letter/essay indicating in 100 words or more why you believe you would be successful in this position at NCCCO. NOTE: Applications not including essay will not be reviewed.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter/essay to Tara Whittington at email@example.com.