The following are sample test questions typical of the style and content of the questions used in CCO Written Examinations.
- The numbers shown on the crane’s load chart are:
- Net capacity
- Gross capacity
- Deducted capacity
- Structural capacity
- If no load chart is available for the type of lift to be performed, you should:
- Perform the lift with caution
- Only lift 50 percent of rated capacity
- Not perform the lift at all
- Use a load chart for a similar lift
- Whenever the stabilizers are not visible to the operator during extending or setting, the operator must:
- Exercise extreme caution
- Be assisted by another person
- Extend or retract the stabilizers no faster than half speed
- Ensure no other personnel are in the immediate vicinity
- What do the letters "OLP" stand for as they relate to articulated cranes?
- Operator’s lifting performance
- Over-loading percentages
- Operating load parameters
- Overload protection
- When is it acceptable to load an articulating crane beyond the rated load?
- If the lifting attachment is rated for the load
- Only while operating for load test purposes
- When approved by the site supervisor
- If deployment of extensions is not required for lift
- What is the net capacity at a radius of 41 ft. when lifting directly over the front of the truck, given the load charts and crane configuration below?
- 1,070 lb.
- 1,320 lb.
- 1,390 lb.
- 3,050 lb.
Click here for answers.