Position Title: TEST DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Reports to: Director of Certification Program Development
The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) is a non-profit organization developing written and performance-based certification programs for personnel working in construction and related industries. As the certification leader in its field, NCCCO’s scope of national personnel certification programs has expanded and we have an immediate opening for a Test Development Coordinator.
The successful candidate for this position will be a part of the certification program development team and work with subject matter experts in maintaining and building premium quality, high-stakes certification examination programs, supporting compliance with ANSI/ISO 17024 accreditation.
- Work with the program development team to develop new certification programs and maintain existing programs.
- Recruit and coordinate teams of subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Facilitate item writing, review and approval sessions (in-person, and virtual) and develop new certification examinations and maintain existing examinations with SMEs and NCCCO Item Bank Coordinator.
- Facilitate meetings, monitor progress, and prepare meeting agendas, reports and minutes in accordance with NCCCO house style as needed.
- Monitor the progress of assigned test development and maintenance projects, ensuring that NCCCO standards and content outlines/exam specifications have been met.
- Edit test items, and work with the program development team to ensure that the item-editing process is completed in a timely manner, that content fits and fulfills approved examination outline/ specifications, and that exam questions are consistent with psychometric standards, NCCCO standards, and English standards of grammar and spelling.
- Assist with passing score/standard setting workshops and work with program development team and psychometric consultant(s) to ensure reports are prepared and finalized in a timely manner.
- Work with the Certification Development Team to analyze the performance of items and tests.
- Work with NCCCO’s Item Bank Coordinator, SMEs, standards, and candidate feedback to review poorly performing items.
- Work with Item Bank Coordinator to conduct quality assurance on all tests to be published and support exam publication efforts.
- Assist with coordinating launching new tests with NCCCO Item Bank Coordinator, NCCCO Test Services and Exam Vendor.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records of all test development and maintenance activities.
- Support NCCCO’s developing marketing materials.
- Maintain security of confidential test, candidate and vendor information.
- Make presentations regarding programs assigned as staff lead.
- Support Program Development Team in preparing, filing, and responding to ANSI submissions.
- Work with Certification Development Team and SMEs as they develop and maintain sample exam questions.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills to work effectively in a team setting and independently on concurrent processes and projects to meet established goals, deadlines, and quality standards.
- Excellent ability to write, analyze, and edit technical test questions and other materials for clarity.
- Basic understanding of certification industry’s standard testing principles and basic statistical concepts.
- Strong spelling, grammar and proofreading skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to review/edit collateral program materials for print and web, and the ability to make effective presentations to stakeholder groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and stakeholders to accomplish NCCCO goals and objectives.
- Solid computer software skills, including database, internet, email, and word processing.
- Experience in working with committees and SME volunteers.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stress.
- Fluency in English (proficiency in Spanish an advantage).
- Willingness and ability to travel (approximately 20%).
Education and Experience
- Certification, or equivalent experience in related field of work required (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Minimum three (3) years of full time work experience in a similar role with a certification organization or similar, with a record of successfully collaborating in a team environment and working with subject matter experts.
- Experience in nonprofit or association environments preferred.
Salary: Full-time position, with a salary commensurate with experience, education, and market rates, plus an exceptional benefits program.
Required: Full résumé with a cover letter/essay indicating in 100 words or more what has prompted you to apply for this position and why you believe you would be successful in it.
Applications: Please email your résumé and cover letter/essay, along with salary history and requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter/essay will not be considered. No telephone calls please.
NCCCO is an equal opportunity employer.