1. “NCCCO” means and refers to the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators acting through its staff and authorized agents and representatives.
2. “Releasable Information” means and refers to the following information: name, certification status, examination dates, certification dates, certification number(s), and designations.
3. “Third Party” means and refers to an employer, prospective employer, regulatory agency, or any other person or entity that makes an inquiry to NCCCO.
1. It shall be the policy of NCCCO to provide Releasable Information pertaining to individuals who have successfully passed one or more NCCCO examinations. It shall also be the policy of NCCCO to provide Releasable Information pertaining to such individuals on its website using such protocols as may be established.
2. Releasable Information may be released to a Third Party who makes a written request, including by electronic correspondence. Generally, Releasable Information will be released within one business day from actual receipt of a written request.
3. If a Third Party requests information concerning an individual who has not taken or successfully passed an NCCCO examination, NCCCO may release a statement confirming that, as of a given date, the individual does not appear on NCCCO’s list of successful candidates in one or more categories of certification.
4. If an individual is currently under formal suspension or investigation by NCCCO, NCCCO may release a statement to a Third Party to that effect.
5. If a Third Party seeks information other than the foregoing information, generally, absent a subpoena or similar legal process, such information will not be released. However, in the course of business, as circumstances reasonably warrant, NCCCO reserves the discretion to release information other than the foregoing information.
6. Certain situations may require or warrant the immediate verbal confirmation of an individual’s certification status or other Releasable Information in response to a written or verbal request. Under such circumstances, NCCCO may provide such immediate verbal confirmation, at its discretion. When such a verbal confirmation is provided, it shall be NCCCO’s policy to follow up with a written confirmation.
7. It shall be the policy of NCCCO to discuss score-related and test-specific matters only with a candidate or a candidate’s authorized legal representative.
8. NCCCO will release Releasable Information about an individual upon receipt of a written request (including electronic correspondence) from that individual. NCCCO may release information other than Releasable Information about an individual, at its discretion, upon receipt of a signed, notarized, written request from that individual. In addition, NCCCO will release information other than Releasable Information about an individual when required by a legal authority of competent jurisdiction under a duly-issued subpoena, subject to any objection, or as otherwise required by law.